CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Louisville Pure TapTM 5k volunteers are expected to act in a manner that creates a positive, safe and fun atmosphere for runners and spectators.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
• Conduct yourself as a positive, informative member of our volunteer team. Consider how long these runners have been training, and help celebrate their accomplishments.
• Follow all your volunteer captain’s instructions. They are in place for the safety of our runners and spectators.
• Refrain from using profane, harassing or any other language that could be considered offensive.
• Refrain from using any and all drugs, alcohol and tobacco products.
• Respect and treat all event participants with dignity and kindness; Louisville is known for our hospitality
• Please check in at your designated volunteer check-in location as soon as you arrive.
• The Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam® staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is highly recommended that volunteers leave all valuables at home.
• Volunteers must wear their volunteer shirt for the duration of their shift.
• Volunteers may be required to stand for most or all of their shift. Please dress comfortably and appropriately for your assignment.
• Volunteers must plan to work for the entirety of their shift.
• Please do not bring children or pets to your volunteer shift location. These could be considered distractions from your responsibilities and otherwise create a safety concern for our participants.